Secondary Counsellor Teacher SD#53 - The South Okanagan offers a picturesque rural setting where we enjoy moderate short winters and hot, sunny summers. Our area boasts strong community spirit, an active arts community, and varied indoor and outdoor recreation activities. It's the best of two worlds, quiet rural community with varied activities and living in close proximity to larger cities in the Okanagan with easy highway access to the Lower Mainland. Come to the Okanagan Similkameen and see where your career takes you!
SCHOOL: Southern Okanagan Secondary School
POSTING: #26 - 2018/19
POSITION: Secondary Counsellor Teacher (and other subjects to be determined)
APPOINTMENT: 1.0 FTE Continuing
START DATE: September 1, 2018
1. education degree and a Master of Counselling Psychology degree or a related discipline with a focus on counselling including a University course in level B assessments, theory and practice;
2. successful experience in school counselling including student, family and community counselling;
3. ability to recognize and determine factors which may precipitate problems for students and seek solutions;
4. ability to facilitate the goals of career education by assisting students and their families to explore and clarify the student’s career options through developmental activities that stress decision-making, personal planning, transition planning and career awareness;
5. ability to model, teach and foster social, emotional and cultural awareness;
6. knowledge of current 21st century pedagogy and assessment practices;
7. demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment and contribute to the professional community at the school and district level;
8. effective communication, interpersonal, organizational and classroom management skills;
9. ability to integrate technologies and digital citizenship into educational programs; and
10. BC Professional Teaching Certificate and current eligibility for Teacher Qualification Service card
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 3:00 PM, June 7, 2018.
For further information please contact the principal at (250) 498-4931 ext 106.
Please review and follow Application Guidelines per http://www.sd53.bc.ca/employ/
Only short listed candidates will be contacted