The Richmond School District is an exciting, multicultural, educational organization that provides public education for 21,000 students K-12. We are a vibrant learning community that fosters students’ engagement, creativity, and well-being in inclusive learning environments through our focus on Big Ideas and Inquiry, Assessment and Communicating Student Learning and Social Emotional Learning.
We are current seeking a part-time temporary School Psychologist for the 2020/2021 school year.
The School Psychologist must be capable of working both independently and in a collaborative team environment within the context of the Learning Services Department and with school personnel. This includes professional consultation and supporting educational changes in a variety of contexts. The successful candidate will also:
- Provide collaborative consultation with teachers, parents, and community agencies, and at school-based team meetings;
- Provide ongoing collaborative planning for students and classrooms and assist with pre-referral interventions;
- Provide individualized psycho-educational assessments (based on student need) for students referred through the school-based team process;
- Contribute to the development and progress monitoring of the IEP or Learning Plan;
- Provide in-service training in the area of interventions, progress monitoring, data collection and/or assessment;
- Assist with the Ministry of Education processes for designation and adjudication;
- Assist school and district staff in providing additional “Pro D” support for educators and support staff.
Qualifications include a Master’s degree in school/educational psychology (or related field); certified or eligible for certification with the British Columbia Association of School Psychologists or registration with the College of Psychologists, with special training and supervision in school psychology. Teacher certification with the Ministry of Education Teacher Regulation Branch would be an asset.
If you have any questions about this position, please contact Jane MacMillan at firstname.lastname@example.org. As this is a temporary position it is posted "or until incumbent returns".
To apply please visit https://bit.ly/3ea8FLi.