Assistant Manager – Safe Schools Department – 11/2020December 10, 2020
Assistant Manager – Safe Schools Department Temporary – 12 months (Maternity Leave)
Surrey, a diverse and progressive school district, is seeking interest from exemplary leaders to join its dynamic team under School and Community Connections as Assistant Manager, Safe Schools Department.The primary focus of this department is the development and management of school district initiatives that promote social, emotional and physical safety in our school communities.
Alongside the Manager, the Assistant Manager of Safe Schools develops, coordinates, implements and supervises programs and services which enhance the Districts’ safe and caring schools’ policy and regulations. This position liaises with the Ministry of Education, RCMP, MCFD and other key community and provincial stakeholders in support and delivery of evidence-based and best practice resources throughout our district.
We invite applications from individuals with:
- Degree in Social Work, Criminology, Counselling, Psychology or similar.
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience;
- Understanding of district level student discipline and Violence Threat Risk Assessment models;
- Strong knowledge and experience with the provincial School Safety Alert System and Incident Command Management;
- Exceptional formal leadership experience, preferably at the district level;
- Current enhanced security clearance with the RCMP or ability to pass said clearance.
- Demonstrated ability to work with challenging and sensitive scenarios;
- Demonstrated ability to collaboratively problem-solve school and community safety issues, including critical incidents at the school and district level;
- Demonstrated skill in building relationships with colleagues and with community stakeholders in support of a safe and caring school environments where culture, learning and success are all important;
- Superior interpersonal, communications and written skills and
- Commitment to confidentiality and professionalism while working in a collaborative environment.
Qualified applicants should apply at https://bit.ly/2JhTpl7 no later than December 18, 2020 at 4:00pm.
Note: Only those persons selected for interviews will be contacted. To all others, thank you for your interest.