Clinical Team Lead with Livingstone Range School Division, Alberta – 08/2022August 19, 2022
Clinical Team Lead
Livingstone Range School Division
Applications are invited for the full-time position of Clinical Team Lead with Livingstone Range School Division. The start date will be determined through consultation with the successful candidate.
Livingstone Range School Division is located in the southwestern corner of Alberta encompassing fourteen schools in the communities of Nanton, Stavely, Claresholm, Granum, Fort Macleod, Pincher Creek, Lundbreck and Crowsnest Pass. Within the Division, there are also thirteen Hutterite Schools and one Virtual School.
The Clinical Team Lead works in collaboration with the Division’s Learning Services team, school-based teams, and community agencies to develop and oversee services, supports, and programming for students and classrooms. The successful candidate will commit to the Division’s vision of Every Student, Every Day through inclusive, collaborative, and relationship-focused activities.
The ideal candidate will be a Registered Psychologist with a Doctoral degree in Psychology.
Consideration may be given to a Registered Psychologist or an individual possessing a Master’s degree in Psychology and is eligible for registration with the College of Alberta Psychologists (CAP).
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- Psychological assessment and intervention with children and youth experiencing a range of social, emotional, behavioral, and mental health difficulties
- Work within elementary and secondary school contexts and/or organizations that support children, youth, and families
- Knowledge of attachment theory and its application to school and home settings
- Leadership and supervision activities
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent oral, written, organizational, and interpersonal skills
Clinical Team Lead Duties Include:
Manage the Family School Liaison Counsellor (FSLC) Program
- Hire, supervise, and evaluate the activities of the FSLC’s
- Consult with the FSLC’s on clinically and ethically complex cases
- Support the provision of quality and empirically validated psychosocial services
- Lead team meetings and professional development activities
- Manage the budget
Learning Services Activities
- Participate in Learning Services team meetings and consultations
- Participate in case conferences and school team meetings aimed at understanding student needs and abilities, developing academic programs, and advocating for public programs and supports for students and families
- Provide professional development and consultation services to school staff to support program plans and classroom approaches
Oversee Threat and Risk Assessments
- When students make threats, pose a risk of harm, or harm another individual(s), consult with school teams and oversee the assessment process
- Support teams in making comprehensive recommendations for intervention
- Lead case conference and assessment review meetings
Provide and/or Oversee Crisis Response Activities
- Be on-call for consultation regarding crises impacting the Division
- Coordinate and/or provide crisis response interventions and activities
- Monitor the aftermath of crises and oversee appropriate supports
Counselling and Clinical Activities
- Provide psychoeducational presentations and professional development to schools and families as deemed needed and important by the Division
- Provide counselling or therapy for specifically identified children, youth, and/or parents
Maintain Connections Within the Division and Community
- Attend applicable committee meetings within and outside the Division
- Liaise with community agencies and programs
- Support activities of school teams aimed at helping families access public services and supports
For further information, please contact Richard Feller, Associate Superintendent, at (403) 625-3356.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those who will be interviewed will be contacted. Candidates are requested to apply online at http://www.lrsd.ca/Careers/jobs. This competition will be open until a suitable candidate is found. Further documentation may be requested at a later date.
By virtue of the submission of an application, the applicant agrees the Division can contact previous employers for the purpose of conducting confidential reference checks whether or not the applicant has listed a reference for that employer.
Mr. Richard Feller—Associate Superintendent
Livingstone Range School Division
P.O. Box 1810
Fort Macleod, AB T0L 0Z0