District Counsellor with SD42 – 07/2022July 13, 2022
Located on the shared, traditional, and unceded territories of Katzie First Nation and Kwantlen First Nation, the Maple Ridge-Pitt Meadows School District (SD42) provides quality education to over 17,000 students. SD42 is looking for qualified applicants interested in working as an elementary counsellors for a 1.0 FTE Continuing position based at our Safe and Caring Schools program. This position is itinerant so may work at different locations as required. SD42 is committed to educational choice and an inclusive, local approach to special education, and has developed numerous skilled trades training partnerships with colleges and universities.
The applicant will possess:
- A Master’s Degree in Counselling Psychology or equivalent, combined with successful elementary classroom teaching and counselling experience,
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with other professionals including school-based teams,
- The ability to work as part of a strong collaborative team.
This is a 1.0 FTE Continuing position effective September 1, 2022.
Interested and qualified applicants should apply by clicking “apply online” below. Posting will remain open until filled.
In your application, please include your:
- Resume and Cover Letter (preferably in PDF format),
- District Application form,
- All Supporting Documentation,
- Please reference posting #T2223-185 in your application.
The district appreciates the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about our School District please visit https://www.sd42.ca/our-district/
or Cehck out the posting at Make a future
Our staff members are the foundation of our system. When you join our school district, you become part of a talented community of educators and support staff dedicated to enriching the lives of all students and helping them achieve success.