Elementary Counselor with Delta School District – 11/2021November 26, 2021
1.0 FTE: Continuing
The Elementary Counsellor uses strength-based and trauma informed approaches and a universal design framework to support students enrolled in Delta elementary schools.
The Elementary Counsellor provides intervention and prevention services; focussing on enhancing students’ development, health promotion, building inclusive, trauma informed and enabling school cultures, and empowering students toward positive change. The Elementary Counsellor promotes personal and social development appropriate to developmental stages, counsels students, their families and the community to foster growth in the students’ self-esteem individual responsibility, and in skills such as decision making and social skills. The Elementary Counsellor promotes equity through the identification and amelioration of environmental and personal barriers to student success. The Elementary Counsellor enhances students’ educational achievement through assisting with the development and implementation of educational plans including Individual Education Plans and Positive Behavior Support Plans and plays a key role in successful student transitions. The Elementary Counsellor liaises with Learning Services personnel and outside agencies in support of students and families.
- Masters Degree in Counselling.
- Successful elementary or secondary level teaching experience.
- Experience using strength-based, trauma-informed approaches and a UDL framework.
- Experience developing and implementing Individual Education Plans, Positive Behavior Support Plans and Safety Plans.
- Experience with risk assessment such as Violent Threat Risk Assessment.
- Current CPI training an asset.
For more detailed information about this position and instructions on how to apply, please visit: https://bit.ly/32sGm9H