Integrated Child & Youth Clinical Counsellor with SD68 – 09/2023September 8, 2023
Integrated Child & Youth Clinical Counsellor
Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools employs more than 2,250 professionals, all committed to the education of our nearly 15,000 students. All members of our staff are integral to our excellent education system and our positive workplaces, supporting our district goals of: continuous improvement of instruction and assessment that is inclusive of our entire learning community; safe, caring and healthy learning and working environments; environmental stewardship and sustainability; and truth and reconciliation.
Under the Pathway to Hope, the Province began to establish Integrated Child and Youth (ICY) teams in the fall of 2021. These community-based multidisciplinary teams deliver wraparound mental health and substance use services and supports for children and youth (birth to age 19) and their families. The service delivery is flexible and outbound, reflecting the preferences of children, youth, and families. Each ICY team supports a cluster of public, independent, and First Nations-operated schools and includes all children and youth within the geographic region.
As an Integrated Child & Youth Clinical Counsellor (ICY -CC) you will work as part of the multi-disciplinary, multi-jurisdictional Integrated Child and Youth team to provide therapeutic, clinical counselling services, school liaison support for children and youth (birth to age 19) and families experiencing mental health needs, and to manage and oversee the Youth Peer Support Worker position.
The ICY-CC is required to be available to perform work outside of regular working hours, on occasion. This role does not follow the school calendar and works 12 months of the year.
Your Education and Experience
Education and Professional Certification
1. The successful candidate will have a Master’s Degree in Counselling Psychology, Educational Psychology, Psychology or a related field and must include a 300-hour supervised school-based practicum or equivalent.
2. Is a Registered Clinical Counsellor and meet educational and training criteria to be a member of the BC Association of Clinical counsellors (BCACC) or a Registered Clinical Social Worker with the BC College of Social Workers (BCCSW).
3. Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working with families, children, and youth in a clinical counselling setting.
4. Recent training and successful experience in mental health initiatives and suicide assessment and prevention.
5. Demonstrated knowledge and experience liaising between community partners. For a detailed list of major duties and responsibilities please click here.
Work, Live & Play in Nanaimo!
Nanaimo is centrally located on the east coast of Vancouver Island. We boast the best climate in Canada, are surrounded by some of the most beautiful wilderness in the world and enjoy excellent year‐round recreational & cultural amenities. As a hub city, we have ready access to all of Vancouver Island, the Gulf Islands and the Lower Mainland. Learn more about who we are and what we offer on our website at www.sd68.bc.ca.
How to apply Please apply via Make a Future at https://bit.ly/3PuioBb.
Applications should include a cover letter, a detailed personal résumé, a brief statement of philosophy and any other relevant supporting documentation.
Please note: Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools thanks all applicants for their interest in working with us, however, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
If you have questions or require assistance with this application process, please contact the Customer Care department at MakeAFuture at 1 866 806 6851 or email@example.com