Psychologist with Lethbridge School Division – 06/2022June 21, 2022
Lethbridge School Division is seeking qualified applicants for a temporary full-time Psychologist position starting August 18, 2022 and ending on June 29, 2023.
• Collaborate with parents/guardians, school staff, divison personnel, and community partners to identify and support students who are experiencing academic, behavioural, social or emotional challenges.
• Administer, score and interpret standardized psycho-educational assessments.
• Complete assessment reports and discuss results and recommendations with parents/guardians and school staff.
• Provide consultation to schools to support students within a Response to Instruction and Intervention framework.
• Participate as a member of the school Learning Team and liaise, as required, with multi-disciplinary teams, in planning and monitoring student programming.
• Full registration with the College of Alberta Psychologists.
• At least three years’ relevant experience in a school division and/or clinical setting working with children and adolescents is preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to use a variety of assessment techniques and tools to identify and address students’ psychological and educational needs.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to provide consultation to school staff.
• Experience in providing psychological services across all developmental levels (i.e. Early Learning through grade 12).
• Must possess a valid driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Demonstrated skills in consultation and collaboration.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working within a multi-disciplinary team.
• Ability to communicate and present ideas effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to prioritize and to carry out duties in a timely fashion.
• Proficiency in computer skills related to report writing and to recording and data management.
Supporting students accross the School Division – 1 Position 35 hrs/wk (1.00 FTE)
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, applicants new to Lethbridge School
Division who are offered employment must provide:
- A police information check; including Vulnerable Sector Check from Police Services or an RCMP detachment that does not have any charges or convictions.
- A satisfactory Intervention Record Check from South Region Alberta Child and Family Services.
- Proof of photo identification, may be a valid driver’s licence, provincial identification card as issued by a licensed government registry office, valid passport or Nexus card. If one cannot be provided, a new card must be obtained and proof of application provided within three days of hire.
- Documentation of a valid Social Insurance Number in the employee’s legal name. If valid Social Insurance documentation in the current legal name can not be provided, the successful candidate will be required to obtain a new one within three days of hire.
Lethbridge School Division prides itself on supporting and promoting the wellness of our employees through our diverse benefit plan for you and your family to access. Some of the amazing benefits included are:
- 100% employer paid premiums for health care.
- Health Spending Account (HSA).
- Free 24/7 access to our Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP). This includes but is not limited to:
- Lifestyle and specialty counselling (Health, Life Balance and Career).
- Competitive retirement plan.
- Discount at a variety of local fitness facilities within Lethbridge.
This is a purposeful and rewarding career that helps make a difference in students lives!