School Psychologist with SD48 – 05/2022May 12, 2022
T-4234 SCHOOL PSYCHOLOGIST
1.0 F.T.E. Effective, September 6, 2022
The successful candidate must:
- possess a Master’s degree in school /educational psychology or a related field with a focus on school psychology;
- be eligible for membership in BCASP; and,
- possess a valid B.C. Driver’s license and reliable vehicle for travel between schools.
This position plays a supportive role in the identification, assessment, planning, implementation, reporting and evaluation process and the School Psychologist will:
- collaboratively consult with teachers, parents, students and community agencies regarding the nature of a student’s strengths and needs, their educational implications and ways to enhance learning and interpersonal skills;
- assist with pre-referral interventions;
- provide psycho educational assessments for students referred by the school-based team;
- plan collaboratively with school-based and/or other District personnel to gather classroom based data, to design or implement instructional strategies, and to design and implement behaviour management interventions;
- may contribute to the design and evaluation of IEP’s; and,
- provide in-service training in the area of assessment as required.
PLEASE NOTE: WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION, TRANSCRIPTS FOR ALL RELEATED COURSEWORK WILL BE REQUIRED.
If applying for more than one position, please note order of preference.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those applicants who have been given consideration for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that prospective employees, new to School District No. 48 (Sea to Sky), must agree to undergo a Criminal Records Check, as failure to do so will be grounds for refusing employment.
We ask that all applications be submitted on the Make a Future website and that your portfolio include the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Final Practicum Reports and/or teaching evaluations
- Academic Transcripts
- Three Professional References and their contact information
- Copy of Teaching Certificate issued by the Teacher Regulation Branch of BC
To apply, please visit Make a Future via: https://bit.ly/399Y6Kh
POSTINGS CLOSE TUESDAY MAY 31, 2022 AT 4:00 P.M