School Psychologist with Victoria School District – 07/2021July 6, 2021
ALLIED SPECIALISTS’ ASSOCIATION
1.0 FTE (Temporary) September 7, 2021 to June 30, 2022
The focus of the position is on psycho-educational assessments, collaborative consultation, and professional development. This is an itinerant district position.
Reporting to the District Principal: Learning Support Team, the psychologist is accountable for providing identification, assessment and planning services to students of school age (Kindergarten to Grade 12) when there are serious learning and/or behavioural difficulties.
The successful candidate will be qualified to administer and interpret up to, and including, Level C Educational, Psychological and Behavioural assessments. As well, the psychologist will make recommendations to the District Principal regarding students’ eligibility for specific Ministry of Education categories.
Qualifications and Experience
- Doctorate or Master’s degree in school psychology, or related field, with a focus on school psychology, including graduate training in measurement and individual psychological assessments
- Demonstrated ability in consulting with teachers, parents, students and community agencies regarding the nature of students’ strengths and needs, the educational implications, and ways to enhance learning
- Demonstrated ability in collaborating with school-based and/or district personnel to design or implement instructional strategies, and design or implement behavioural interventions
- Knowledge of Ministry of Education, Special Education Policies and Procedures
- Demonstrated ability in planning and presenting in-service in the area of Special
Education and, specifically, in the area of assessment
- Current membership, in good standing, with the BC Association of School Psychologists or the College of Psychologists of BC
Professionally qualified applicants are asked to submit the following information to the Human Resource Services Department of the Greater Victoria School District (email is email@example.com), or on Make a Future at https://bit.ly/3jGNE0l:
A letter of application and comprehensive résumé
Recent (within 3–5 years) performance report(s)
Copies of two recent psycho-educational assessments
Upon interview, applicants will be asked to provide three references
Greater Victoria School District #61, Human Resource Services
556 Boleskine Road, Victoria, BC V8Z 1E8 Fax: 250-475-4113 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday, August 20, 2021 at 4:00 pm
For more information, please contact Sean McCartney at email@example.com . School District 61 thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only selected interviewees will be contacted.