School Psychology Position (temp) with Campbell River SD72February 21, 2023
February 13, 2023
ASSOCIATED PROFESSIONAL POSITION AVAILABLE
23-008 A temporary (with possibility of continuing) 1.0 FTE School Psychologist position is available at
Learning Support Services, effective September 05, 2023 to June 30, 2024
The successful applicant will possess the following:
• A Master’s degree in school/educational psychology with a focus on school psychology and
qualifications that meet the standard for membership in the British Columbia Association of
School Psychologists; or registration with the College of Psychologists, with special training in
• Training and recent experience in providing psycho-educational assessments for students K-
12. (Level C as per Ministry guidelines);
• Knowledge and skills in the identification procedures and program planning for students with
special needs including autism, other developmental disorders, learning disabilities, challenges
in behaviour and mental health;
• Proven experience in the development of positive, collaborative and consultative working
relationships with students, parents, colleagues and other school staff;
• The ability to write clear and effective reports with appropriate school based
• The ability to provide school based in-service to teachers and other staff members;
• Current knowledge and strategies for the teaching of literacy and numeracy skills to students
experiencing learning difficulties;
• The ability to assist school personnel in the writing of effective IEPs;
• Be a strong advocate for students with special needs and students with different learning
• The ability to use technology effectively and efficiently; and
• A valid BC Driver’s License and appropriate means of transportation.
All SD72 teachers will have a demonstrated understanding and commitment to teaching practice
• an inquiry-based and collaborative approach to the delivery of the BC Curriculum;
• Social/Emotional Learning and an in-depth knowledge of the BC Mental Health Framework;
• the incorporation of the First Nations Principles of Learning;
• diversity, inclusion, and equity;
• support for the growth and development of individual learners through differentiated learning
• the ability to work collaboratively with fellow teachers to plan, develop, and implement an
extraordinary learning experience for each individual student;
• knowledge of and adherence to the Professional Standards for BC Educators;
• excellent interpersonal, collaborative, communication, and problem-solving skills;
• the ability to be flexible, adaptable; and
• a commitment to professional development and growth.
The Campbell River School District proudly developed a Strategic Plan for 2019-2023 that
prioritized the following:
1. Improve student achievement.
2. Build a culture of learning and wellness.
3. Honour Indigenous world views and perspectives.
The following commitments are essential to all positions within the Campbell River School District:
• A commitment to understanding and upholding the principles of the SD72 Strategic Plan,
inclusive of the goals, vision, and mission of the District;
• A commitment and adherence to workplace policies, procedures & practices;
• A commitment to standards of conduct, including behaving in a manner that is: respectful,
professional, team-oriented, collegial, collaborative, ethical, honest, and trustworthy;
• A commitment to, and acts in accordance with, the inclusion and engagement of people of
diverse backgrounds in all aspects of school life and the school district as a workplace including,
but not limited to, racialized communities, Indigenous Peoples, and the LGBTQ2S+
• A demonstratable commitment to increase personal knowledge, awareness, and
understanding of the Indigenous Ways of Knowing and Being, as well as historical and current
realities experienced by Indigenous Peoples locally, nationally, and internationally; and,
• A demonstratable commitment to understand and implement the Truth and Reconciliation
Calls to Action and the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.
Please ensure your application includes the following:
• Cover Letter Stating Posting Number
• Updated Resume
• Make a Future Online Application
• Names and Contact Information of Referees, including most recent Supervisors.
• Sample report may be requested
*References must have knowledge of the applicant’s professional abilities; and, preferably have
supervised their work.
**Placement on salary scale is subject to verification of experience and certification and will be done
in accordance with the current Collective Agreement.
Interested candidates are invited to apply through Make a Future
In the event of challenges with the Make a Future website, candidates may contact Make a
Future directly for assistance at 1-877-900-5627 or 1-866-806-6851. Alternatively, candidates
may contact the Human Resources Department at SD72 at 250-830-2311; or, visit our office at
425 Pinecrest Road in Campbell River for assistance in creating a PDF of their application.
Applications will be accepted until the posting closes is filled.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, starting at
3 p.m. (PST) on Tuesday, February 28, 2023
please address cover letter to:
Nadine Duret-Sauer, Human Resources Officer
All candidates are thanked for their applications; however, please note that only shortlisted
candidates will be contacted by the Human Resources Department.