School Psychology position with SD53 – 08/2023August 3, 2023
School District No. 53 (Okanagan Similkameen) is looking for a qualified School Psychologist to join our Student Support Services Team. This is a part-time (0.5) position commencing September 1, 2023 in Oliver, British Columbia.
The applicant will possess:
1. A Master’s Degree in school/educational psychology or a related field with a focus on school psychology.
2. Qualifications that meet the standard for membership to the British Columbia Association of School Psychologists.
3. Demonstrated ability in collaborating with school-based and/or district personnel to gather classroom-based data and design or implement instructional and/or behavioural support strategies.
4. Demonstrated ability in consulting with teachers, parents, students and community agencies regarding the nature of students’ strengths and needs, their emotional implications and ways to enhance learning and interpersonal relations.
5. Demonstrated communication, leadership, collaborative and interpersonal skills with other professionals including district personnel, multi-disciplinary and community care teams.
6. Knowledge of technology assisted interventions, hardware and software.
Application packages must include a cover letter, resume, copy of transcripts and diploma(s), proof of current professional associations(s) membership and three supervisory references (including daytime phone numbers).
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: ONGOING
For further information please contact the District Principal of Student Support Services
at (250) 498-3481 ext 80106 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in our school district. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.